The Chinese manufacturer has been betting heavily on its internationalization and if, before even having a more global presence, it already sold a lot of equipment, now it has everything to continue on a good path. We already know that products are usually announced first in China, and the latest product that may reach Europe is Xiaomi’s new tablet, the Xiaomi Pad 5.
Tablets have already had more demand and apart from the iPad, few have been successful, so it is good to see that this new tablet from Xiaomi intends to be a strong competition for Apple and should arrive in Europe soon. Despite not being official, a Belarusian store released the price, as well as published an unboxing of the tablet and showed something that had already been mentioned by Xiaomi, the fall of the Mi, so instead of being called Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 it will have the designation of Xiaomi Pad 5.
In August, Xiaomi finally updated its tablet lineup, releasing the Mi Pad 5 in three versions at the same time, and it has been pointed out that the global launch will take place on September 15th, in an event already marked by Xiaomi.
Xiaomi Tab 5 Global Unboxing leaked by Belorussian retailer https://t.co/Tgtyp5jpal.
— Xiaomiui | Xiaomi & MIUI News (@xiaomiui) September 4, 2021
If in China the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 has been a success, we already know that in Europe there are many variables and, without a doubt, one of them is price. One of the stores in Belarus has already announced the price of the tablet and recorded a short unboxing video as confirmation that it will sell tablets. Therefore, the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 will be available in a version with Snapdragon 860 and 6/128 GB of memory at a price of around €400, with the difference between the price of the product in China being around €100.
It is not a big price increase, as we already know that the price of the product in Europe is always more expensive than in China, and the price may also be different in the European Union, but we can already have an idea of what will the price be in Europe. For example, in the unboxing video we can see that the tablet has a charger, while in China it is not included.
It’s not long before we know some more official details. Here are the tablet specifications:
- 11-inch WQXGA 16:10 screen (2560 x 1600) with 120 Hz refresh rate, 240 Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, TrueTone True Color screen, hardware-level blue light reduction, TUV Rheinland low blue light hardware scheme certification
- Mi Pad 5 – up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – Octa Core (1 x 3.2 GHz + 3 x 2.42 GHz + 4 x 1.8 GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X (LPDDR5 in Pro) RAM with 128GB / 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 13 MP rear camera (50 MP 1 / 2.5 ″ sensor on Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G); 5 MP depth sensor (Mi Pad 5 Pro only), 4K video recording
- 8 MP front camera
- Mi Pad 5 Dimensions: 254.69 x 166.25mm x 6.85mm; Weight: 511g
- Mi Pad 5 Pro Dimensions: 254.69 x 166.25 × 6.86 mm; Weight: 515g / 518g (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- USB Audio Type-C, Dolby Atmos, 4 speakers on Mi Pad 5, 8 speakers on Mi Pad 5 Pro
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G LTE (optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz); Bluetooth 5.0 (5.2 in Pro), GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / GALILEO / QZSS, USB Type-C
- Mi Pad 5 – 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging from 0 to 100% in 91 min
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – 8600 mAh battery with 67 W fast charging from 0 to 100% in 67 min