Have you encountered a Mac computer not working problem before? This problem is one of the very annoying problems for Mac users, and although it is a rare problem, it will completely stop you from using the computer, which may cause you a lot of problems.
In fact, this problem may occur for many different reasons, such as a power or battery problem, and one of the accessories or external media may cause it, and below we offer you the best suggested solutions that helped many to solve the problem and get rid of it permanently.
Is your Mac not completely functional?
In the beginning you will need to define the exact problem in order to be able to deal with it well, and there are two completely different things that may happen to your device. When you press the power button, the device never works, the Apple logo does not appear and you do not hear any sound, and it is also possible that your Mac will not work at all, if you encounter these problems, you can follow the following instructions in order to get rid of them.
Check the device’s connection to the power source
The problem with the Mac computer may not work due to a malfunction in the power supply, and in order to make sure of that, you must check the power supply. If you notice that your Mac laptop is not working at all and nothing appears on the screen, charge it or connect the power adapter or cable to another electrical outlet as the problem might be with the outlet.
It is also possible that the problem is with the cable itself, as it may be damaged in some cases such as power outages, etc., and to make sure of this, you can borrow a power cable from one of your friends to find out whether the problem is with it or not, and if you find the problem with it, be sure to buy a power cable Original new, inexpensively as it may be of poor quality and defective which may cause problems for your Mac.
Disconnect all accessories connected to the device
Sometimes the Mac computer does not work because of one of the accessories connected to it, such as the printer or external keyboards, etc., as it may hamper the startup sequence, and this matter includes newly installed various computer parts such as the RAM, hard disk, etc.
So if you changed one of these parts of your Mac recently, try installing the old part in order to see if there is a problem in it or not.
Force your Mac to shut down and restart
If you remember that your Mac was turned on but it is no longer fully responding, then here you can solve the problem by disconnecting it from the power source in order to forcibly close it and then restart it again, and you can do that through the following steps:
On the MacBook:
- Press the power switch for 10 seconds, and here you will hear a slight beep when the device is shut down.
- Now click the power button again, and the device should start again.
On a desktop computer:
- Unplug your Mac from the power source (power cable) and leave it offline for at least ten seconds, then plug it back in and try to turn it back on.
Sometimes you can solve a Mac computer not working and not turning on problem by resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). Apple has provided A complete guide To do this according to your device and Mac version on the machine, below we provide steps to reset SMC on Mac.
On my Mac laptop
- Make sure your Mac is turned off and unplugged, then reconnect the power cable.
- From the keyboard, press the Shift + Ctrl + Option buttons and hold them for seven seconds, and after seven seconds, press and hold the power button as well.
- If the Mac is on it will turn off while pressing and holding the keys.
- Hold the four keys for another seven seconds, then release.
- Wait a few seconds and then press the power button to turn on your Mac.
On a desktop computer
- Turn off the Mac by clicking the power button for 10 seconds and unplug it, then wait for 15 seconds and plug in the power cable again.
- Now wait five seconds and then press the power button to turn the Mac on again.