If you are facing the problem of the Google app crashing in your phone with an error message, you are not alone. It appeared many Reports Which states that the application suffers from instability on Android phones.
While Google appears to be aware of the issue, there are a few things you can do to address the issue for now.
google app crash
One of the biggest issues with the app at the moment is crashes across a wide range of devices and Android versions.
The crash appears to be caused by a new update, as the bug affected multiple versions of the app Which can vary depending on the phone you are using and the version of the operating system your phone is running.
Google app crash issue can also cause crashes in other Google apps Like a Google Lens app, a podcast, or even a voice assistant. This is because these applications are fully integrated with the Google application.
Read also: What is the Google Camera app and what are its features?
Fix the problem
So far, the app crash issue doesn’t seem to be limited to an Android phone or version. It is also not limited to the trial version of the app.
Many users are running the stable version of the app on their phones and yet they are affected by the issue.
And if you have this problem on your Android phone, here are several ways to fix it for now:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go to Apps and notifications.
- Click on View all apps.
- Find the app in the apps list and tap on it.
- On the next screen tap on Storage and Cache option.
- Tap on Clear Storage or Manage Capacity.
- Click on the option to Erase All Data.
Read also: Android application puts user data at risk
Uninstall Google Apps Updates
Another way to fix the error is to uninstall the latest update that caused the problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the home screen, press and hold the app, and from the menu that appears, press the i button to access the settings page.
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Uninstall updates option.
- Click on the OK option.
Read also: How to activate the dark mode in the Google application on Android and iPhone phones
Update the app
Google has started rolling out version 12.24 of the app, where it is expected to work This update to permanently solve the problem.
You can download the update manually from the Google Play Store, and to do this follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Search for the application either by typing it in the search box or viewing installed applications.
- Click on the Update option.
If you previously disabled the app, you will see an Activate option that can be tapped, and then tap Update. And if you don’t see the app update button, you can try again in a few hours or a few days.
Read also: How to use augmented reality in the Google Arts and Culture app