A new addition to the Nintendo Switch family hits stores on October 8th. The Nintendo Switch (OLED model) will provide gamers with yet another option to enjoy the vast catalog of titles for the Nintendo Switch whenever, wherever and however they wish.
The size of the Nintendo Switch (OLED model) is, in general, similar to the Nintendo Switch, but it has a larger OLED screen (7 inches) with intense colors and high contrast. The Nintendo Switch (OLED model) also includes a large adjustable stand, a new base with a wired LAN port for a more stable online gaming experience, 64GB of internal storage and built-in speakers with optimized audio for portable and surface modes. stable. Like the Nintendo Switch, the Nintendo Switch (OLED model) will let you play on TV and share Joy-Con controllers for an even more fun multiplayer experience!
And like the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite, the Nintendo Switch (OLED model) can be taken anywhere, offering the versatility characteristic of this family of consoles. A carrying case and screen protector for the Nintendo Switch (OLED model) will also be available.
On the launch day of Nintendo Switch (OLED model), October 8, will also hit stores, a direct sequel to Metroid Fusion and the new game in the saga metroid in 2D that started with Metroid for the NES. With the 7-inch OLED screen, intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran’s new adventure in Metroid Dread will feel even more immersive.
Nintendo Switch (OLED model) will include some improvements to the gaming experience in the three available modes:
- TV Mode: Place the Nintendo Switch (OLED model) in the cradle to play Nintendo Switch titles on TV. Thanks to the built-in wired LAN port, users will have another opportunity to play online in TV mode.
- Stable Surface Mode: Open the bracket on the back of the console and use the screen to play multiplayer titles using the two included Joy-Con controls. The wide adjustable stand provides a solid, sturdy base and also allows users to freely tilt the console to choose their preferred viewing angle.
- Portable mode: Users can take the console wherever they want and use it in portable mode to participate in multiplayer matches, via a local or online connection. The 7-inch OLED screen delivers vivid colors and high contrast.
On launch day, the console will be available in two colors:
- Nintendo Switch (OLED model) in white, which includes white Joy-Con, a black main unit and a white base.
- Nintendo Switch (OLED model) in neon red/neon blue, which includes neon red/neon blue controls, a black main unit, and a black base.
All Joy-Con controllers currently available for the Nintendo Switch will be compatible with this new model. The current complete catalog of games for the Nintendo Switch will also be compatible with the Nintendo Switch (OLED model).