Do you have an iPhone or an Apple Watch? So it’s time to update. Apple released the new iOS 13.6 for iPhone and watchOS 6.2.8 for the Apple Watch.
Regarding iOS 13.6, Apple includes a new category of symptoms in the Health app. Another highlight is the ECG in Brazil.
IOS 13.6 added support for car keys and also made a category of symptoms available in the Health application. This update also includes bug fixes and system-wide improvements.
Digital car keys
- Use iPhone to lock, unlock and start your compatible car.
- Safely remove digital keys from a lost device through iCloud.
- Easily share digital keys with iMessage.
- Specific profiles for each driver that allow you to configure shared keys for full access or restricted driving.
- The energy saving allows you to unlock and start the car within five hours after the iPhone battery is depleted.
- New category of symptoms in the Health application, including symptoms recorded from Cycle tracking and ECG.
- Ability to register new symptoms, such as fever, chills, sore throat or cough, and share the symptoms with third party applications.
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- Adds a new setting to choose whether updates are automatically downloaded to the device when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Addresses an issue that could cause applications to stop responding when syncing data from iCloud Drive.
- Addresses an issue that could cause data roaming to appear to be disabled in eSIM even though it remains active.
- Resolves an issue that causes some phone calls from Saskatchewan to appear to originate in the United States.
- Addresses an issue that could interrupt audio during phone calls made over Wi-Fi calls.
- Addresses an issue that prevented some iPhone 6S and iPhone SE devices from registering for Wi-Fi calls.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the software keyboard to appear unexpectedly when the device connects to certain third-party hardware keyboards.
- Addresses an issue that could cause incorrect mapping between Japanese hardware keyboards and a US English keyboard.
- Solves stability issues when accessing the control center with AssistiveTouch enabled.
- It provides a mechanism for administrators to specify domains to exclude from traffic routed over always-on VPN connections.
- Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices. You will find information about the security content of Apple software updates on the website
In addition to iOS 13.6, watchOS 6.2.8 for the Apple Watch is also available.
WatchOS 6.2.8 includes new features and improvements: Adds support for digital car keys on the Apple Watch Series 5. The ECG application on the Apple Watch Series 4 or later is now available in Bahrain, Brazil and South Africa.
Irregular heart rate notifications are now available in Bahrain, Brazil and South Africa. Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices.