Instagram had already shown that it was already working on this possibility and, discreetly, it has already launched the option to create and publish posts on the social network from the desktop (but not on the iPad). New functionality includes the ability to use filters and also edit photos and videos.
Identified by Matt Navarra, the new feature is already available through Instagram for some users, and it is being made available in phases. For example, at MaisTecnologia we still don’t have access to this feature. However, according to the screenshots, it is not as complete as it is in the application, but it is still possible to do many things.
If the feature is available to you, you will see a new pop-up alert at the top of the screen on the Instagram homepage after logging in that says: “Now you can create and share posts directly from your computer”.
— Matt Navarre (@MattNavarra) June 24, 2021
How to publish to Instagram on Mac and PC
- Click on the new + icon in the upper right corner to get started (next to the Messenger icon)
- Follow the instructions to upload your photos or videos (drag and drop or “Select from computer”)
- Choose your size / format
- Choose your filter and / or edit (tab at the top)
- Add your caption / location and more
- Choose to share
It should be noted that several sites report that on the iPad this is not possible, even using the Safari browser, so this feature is not yet available for everyone, and not for all browsers.