With iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 we’ve got many improvements to existing features, which will That makes your use of it better than before.
One such improvement includes the camera’s OCR feature.
And Apple called this feature Live Text, which allows you to recognize characters in external elements without the need for an application.
Read also: Using background and noise isolation in third-party apps via iOS 15
Live Text Feature on iPhone and iPad:
let you Feature Live Text Get OCR functionality in the built-in camera app.
iOS 15 uses artificial intelligence on your iPhone or iPad to help you discover more in your photos, quickly find what you’re looking for, and relive special moments.
Apple devices that support the feature:
This feature works on certain Apple devices. They all have an A12 Bionic or newer processor in common, as they require a lot of processing power.
Devices that can enable the Live Text feature include the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR.
In addition to the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max and (2020) iPhone SE.
and iPad 8th generation models, iPad Air 3rd and 4th generation, iPad mini 5th generation, and 2018 iPad Pro 11-inch and 12.9-inch models and later.
Although iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 can be installed across devices released six years ago, not all of them will have Live Text support.
Read also: Six-year-old iPhone 6S gets iOS 15
Using the feature via the camera app:
- Point the viewfinder at something with text until a yellow rectangle outlines the text across the screen.
- After the camera app recognizes the text, tap the Live Text button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Use the pop-up menu that appears to select, copy, search, translate, and share the recognized text.
Notice: The Live Text feature also works with blurred fonts and even handwriting. This is even though they may not always recognize characters with 100 percent accuracy.
Read also: How to rearrange iOS 15 interfaces and delete pages from them
Using the Live Text feature in the Photos app:
- Find an image with a lot of text and display it.
- If it contains recognizable text, tap the Direct Text button at the bottom right.
- You can also swipe or tap on the text in an image without tapping on the live text first.
- After viewing the text you can do all the usual functions, such as selecting, copying, searching, translating and sharing.
- Items like phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc. are converted into direct URLs that you can go to by long pressing on them.
It is supposed to arrive Public beta release next JulyThe official release will be in the fall of 2021.
Read also: How to install iOS 15 on iPhone before its official launch