Last Wednesday, Facebook announced the launch of the Reels video sharing service as a feature in the Instagram application, a feature with which it aims to compete with the famous TikTok service in the United States and more than 50 other countries.
As the new service allows you to create, edit and publish short 15-second videos in your Instagram account, the service is expected to give social media influencers and other creators a new way to create and share short video content.
Here’s how to use Reels to create and post short videos to Instagram:
Although the application (TikTok) is considered the main competitor to the service (Reels) due to the huge user base and its overwhelming popularity among the category of teenagers and youth, but at the same time we find that the Instagram application that has more than a billion users per month may contribute to the spread of the service (Reels) In the future.
As it is possible that the familiar way of using the Instagram application may make many people use the new service to create short videos and share them with their friends, and the possibility of the US government banning the application (Tik Tok) due to the trade war with China may make the service (Reels) attract some users from the application of (Tik) Tok).
How to create a short video in Reels:
- Update the Instagram application to the latest version of the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Once you open the Instagram app on your smartphone, swipe to the right of the screen to open the Instagram camera, or tap the camera icon on the top left of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, press the (Reels) option, then press the record button to shoot the video, remembering that the length of the video clip must be between 3 and 15 seconds.
- On the left side of the screen, you can use the editing tools in Reels, which include tools such as: adding voice or text or using augmented reality effects.
- Once you are done editing the video, you can post it to your Instagram homepage or in the stories section, or save it to drafts to come back to it later.
Note: If the video has been saved in drafts, you can find it in the (Reels) tab of your personal Instagram account, and you can also publish the video clip on the Explore page, so that any Instagram user can see, comment, like, or save it. .
How to add a video on your phone to Reels:
If you have a video on your smartphone and want to publish it to the (Reels) service, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Swipe to the right from the screen to open the Instagram camera.
- At the bottom of the screen, press Reels, then swipe up to open the folder containing the videos.
- Select the video you want and if it is more than 15 seconds in length you can crop it if necessary.
- Once the video is uploaded to the service, you can edit it by adding audio, text, or other effects.
- Once done, you can post the video to your Instagram homepage, stories, or save it as a draft.