Apple’s iOS and iPadOS comes with a great feature called (Hotspot). Instant Hotspot It allows you to connect to the Internet via the Hotspot on other Apple devices, such as: Mac computer or iPod Touch, without requiring you to enter a password on these devices.
Here’s how to use the iPhone’s hotspot feature to share the internet connection with other Apple devices:
What do you need to use the hotspot feature?
For the feature to work, the devices must be close to each other with the following requirements:
- The iPhone or iPad has an active data and Wi-Fi connection.
- Each device logs into iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Each device must have a Bluetooth connection.
- Wi-Fi connection must be enabled on every device.
How to connect your devices to the hotspot:
On a Mac computer:
- Click the (Wi-Fi) icon in the menu bar.
- Choose the name of the iPhone or iPad that provides the Hotspot.
- Once connected, the Wi-Fi status icon in the menu bar will change to indicate that you have successfully connected.
On other Apple devices:
To connect an iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to your hotspot, follow these steps:
- Open the (Settings) application in the concerned device.
- Click on the name of the iPhone or iPad that provides your hotspot.
- You can also click on the option (automatic joining the hotspot) at the bottom of the Wi-Fi settings screen, as this option allows the connected device to automatically discover nearby personal hotspots when the Wi-Fi network is not available.
- If you want to allow others to use your hotspot, toggle the button next to the Allow Others to Join option in the Personal Hotspot settings screen itself to On.
How to allow family members to connect to the hotspot on your device:
You can also set up an instant hotspot in your iPhone or iPad device so that family members can connect to it automatically when there is no Internet connection, and this setting works only with Apple’s Family Sharing feature.
- Open the (Settings) app on the iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the option (Personal Hotspot) Personal Hotspot.
- Click on the option (family sharing) Family Sharing.
- Toggle the button next to the option (Family Sharing) to ON.
- Click on a family member’s name to request approval.
- Once a family member accepts your request, their device will automatically connect to the hotspot on your device when needed.