did you buy New Phone Looking for ways to transfer data from your old phone to your new phone? In this article, we take a detailed look at the different ways you can easily transfer data to New Phone It is up and running in a few minutes. As of 2021, the two major smartphone platforms and mobile operating systems (iOS & Android) have made it easier to migrate to New Phone.
Usually switch to New Phone A planned operation so two things should be checked before you decide to make the switch. Here are some points to check before transferring to me New Phone:
- Make sure that both phones have the right amount of charge.
- Do not factory reset your old phone before switching.
- If you are using WhatsApp and want to restore your chats, please backup all your WhatsApp data beforehand.
- Make sure WiFi is turned on and both devices are connected.
- Make sure that you can access the old phone and that you can access it using your PIN, pattern lock, or biometrics.
- If you’re moving from one Android device to another, make sure you’re signed in to your Google account on your old device and make sure everything is backed up.
- If you don’t have access to your old phone, chances are you’ll still be able to restore some data from your previous syncs.
How to transfer data from one Android phone to another
Most of us will just need to use Google’s built-in backup tool to make the switch to New Phone.
To do this easily, you should follow these steps:
- Turn on your new Android phone.
- The phone will automatically go to the setup screen.
- On the Welcome screen, select your language and click Get Started.
- If you have a SIM/memory card, remove it from your old phone and insert it into the new phone.
- Enter the WiFi password and connect to the network.
- You will now see a screen that says “Check for Updates”.
- After that, you will get a message saying “Copy apps and data” Click Next.
On the next screen, it will give you three options:
- Wireless backup from an old phone
- Backup from the cloud
- Copy data from iPhone
- Click on the option “Backup your Android phone.”
- Open the Google app on your old smartphone
- In the search box, type “set up my device.”
- You will see a screen that says “Get Started”
- You will also be asked to turn on Bluetooth on your old smartphone click Next.
- You will now see a screen that says, “Search for devices.”
- On your new phone, select Next.
- You will now see two colored shapes on both phones
- If they match, click Next.
- On your old phone, you’ll now see a message, “Do you want to copy to your new device?” Click Copy.
You may be asked for a PIN or biometric authentication to continue.
- Both phones will now display a screen that says, “Copy Your Accounts.”
- You will need to sign in to your Google account on the new device again.
- Your old phone will now display the message “You’re done!” You will be prompted to continue setup on your new phone.
- On the new device, you may be asked for a screen lock code (PIN) for your old device. Enter the PIN and press Next.
- Data from the cloud you’ve already backed up to Google on your old phone will also sync automatically in the background.
- Select whatever you want to restore and click on “Restore.”
- Complete the rest of the setup procedure, and your data will gradually be transferred to the new phone
Even though Google’s data transfer solution is quite easy to use, there is a good chance your smartphone brand will ship its own data transfer app. While we recommend sticking with the Google method as it works fine on most Android phones.
Transfer data from iPhone (iOS) to Android
If you decide to move from iOS to Android, you will need to do a few things on your device iPhone your prior to transportation to New Phone from Android.
- Download Google Drive to your iOS device from the App Store.
- Create a Google account if you don’t have to sign in to a Google Drive account.
- Enter the menu, then go to Settings and select Backup.
- Choose the content you want to back up and click Start Backup.
This process may take several hours, depending on the amount of data chosen.
- Start the setup process on your Android phone.
- Once the Copy apps and data screen appears, select “Data from iPhone.”
- Sign in to your Google account with the same account you used to backup data on your IOS device.
Your data should appear soon on your newly setup Android device
How to save photos to the external memory card of your Android phone 2021