Means publishing videos on your channel on platform YouTube has opened your business to the public, and this may lead to unwanted comments from some users. If you have unpleasant interactions with a YouTube user, you can prevent them from making additional comments on your videos.
Note that this won’t stop them from viewing your videos – it just stops them from commenting – and there’s no way to stop someone from viewing a video, other than to make it unavailable to everyone in their country.
How to block someone from YouTube using a computer:
- Open platform YouTube in any internet browser and go to the user’s profile that you want to block, to do this, you will just have to find a comment or video by that user and click on their name.
- In the upper-left part of the user’s profile page, open the (About) section and then click the gray flag icon that appears on the page that opens.
- In the menu that pops up, click (Block User), then confirm that you really want to block the person by clicking (Submit).
How to block someone using the YouTube smartphone app:
- Start the YouTube app on your phone and open the profile of the person you want to block, you can do so by clicking on their profile picture wherever they post.
- At the top of the user profile that you want to block, click on the three dots icon and then click (Block User) from the pop-up menu, then confirm that you really want to block the user.
How to unblock someone:
If you block someone – either intentionally or by mistake – and later want to allow that person to comment on your videos again, you can easily unblock the user using the website.
- From the YouTube home page, click on your account avatar in the top right, then click (YouTube Studio) in the drop-down menu.
- In the navigation pane on the left, click (Settings), where the Settings window should appear.
- Click (Community).
- In the (Hidden users) section, find the person you want to unblock and click (X) to remove them from the list.
You can also unblock a user by going to their profile page, either in a web browser or in the mobile app, and selecting (unblock user) from the tag or three-dot menu.