If you use various Google services and fill the free 15 GB storage space, you need Upgrade your storage via Google One retractable serviceShare with family members too.
But to do that, you have to enable the sharing feature first.
What is Google One
Google One is a paid cloud storage service that has different subscription plans with different storage capacities Plus other benefits, like the ability to share storage with up to five family members And get direct technical support Google Play Store credits and Google Play Store member rewards.
and start Subscription plans From 100 GB for $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year. And if that’s not enough, you can add up to 2TB for $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
And if you have a lot of things you want to store, plans go up to 30TB for $149.99 a month.
Read also: A comprehensive comparison between Google One and Google Drive and which one is right for you
Share storage with family members
If you want to share your Google One storage space, you must first create a shared family group.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the family plan page via this Link And then click on the start option.
- On the next page, you can invite up to five family members, as long as they have Google accounts.
- An email is sent to the person you invited, and an email is sent to you when they accept the invitation.
- The invitation expires in two weeks. So if the person does not respond within this time, you can choose another person.
Also Read: How to Use Google One VPN Service on Android Phone
After the family group is created, you can then set up the shared storage space. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the Settings option at the top left of the screen on your Google One account.
- Click on Share with Family.
- Turn on the button next to the Manage family settings option that appears to you.
- Your family members can now share their Google One storage space with you.
Once the 15GB of free storage space is filled up, they get access to the additional storage your account gives them. But that doesn’t mean you can access their files, unless they share them with you directly.
And if you want to know how much storage space each family member is using, follow these steps.
- Go to your Google One account.
- Click on the Storage option on the left side of the screen.
- Next to the Family Storage option, you see each family member’s consumption of your Google One storage space.