The newer, more feature-rich Apple AirPods and AirPods Pro are great thanks to their compact size and cool design. But this also makes it very easy to get lost, sometimes things can go wrong and damage can happen, so what can you do if you lose or break a headphone? We’re here to help so you can keep playing the music.
How to replace lost Apple AirPods or AirPods Pro:
Losing one of these headphones makes listening to tunes or making calls difficult, so you’ll want to have it replaced ASAP, so here’s what to do if you lose the left or right earbud, or both.
- Visit Apple Support Site.
- Choose whether you need to replace one or both of the earphones.
- Let the serial number ready. It can be found on the underside of the AirPods Charging Case or on the original box, receipt, or invoice. If the case is connected to your iPhone, you can also go to Settings> General> About> AirPods to see the serial number.
- Choose a replacement request online. Where you can also live chat with a counselor to request a replacement, call by phone, visit an Apple store or an Apple authorized reseller, but set up an appointment (Genius Bar) first in the (Apple Store).
- Follow the instructions depending on the option you choose.
The missing speaker costs $ 69 each, while the AirPods Pro are $ 89 each, regardless of whether or not you have (AppleCare +) warranty protection. After completing the above steps, your replacement should arrive in about a week if you order online, or you may get it right in the store.
How to replace damaged headphones:
If you still have both earphones but one or both of them are not working, you can replace them by contacting a company Camel To get the service. Here’s what to do.
- Diagnose the problem using Apple Support Site. You can contact support over the phone, chat live online, or skip directly to Step 2.
- Visit an Apple store or an Apple authorized reseller, if it is the first choice, you will need to set an appointment (Genius Bar), which you can do through the (Apple Store) app.
- Bring your AirPods or AirPods Pro with the case and proof of purchase (original paper or email receipt) or original box.
Headphones replacement costs:
If you are in the 1-year warranty period, there is no charge for service as long as the issue is covered under the terms of the warranty. And if you have an (AppleCare +), damaged AirPods or AirPods Pro will still cost $ 29 – you can fix twice – out of warranty, and AirPods will cost $ 69 each or $ 89 each in AirPods Pro, plus $ 6.95 shipping charges. If only the ear tips are damaged, the cost is $ 3.95.
If the problem is with the battery, for example, a defective battery that has nothing to do with wear from normal use, AppleCare + covers it for free. And if you don’t have AppleCare +, it costs $ 49 per headphone.