Losing a Google account cannot be easy at all, as Google offers many important applications and services that need a Google account in order to use them, including Google Drive to store files, Gmail for e-mail, and more, and if you lose your Google account There are many ways to retrieve it, for example, you can use the phone number if you registered through it, or you can restore the account in several other ways, such as using an alternative device, recovery codes, etc.
Restoring the account by phone number is considered the easiest and best solution for all users as all you have to do is enter your phone number and then type the code that Google sends you and then you can set a new password and restore the account with ease, but what prevents a lot of Users who use the phone number, is that they did not link the Google account with a phone number originally, also it is possible that you cannot do this because you lost your phone number, and in this case you can use the method of retrieving a Gmail account without the phone number and this is what we discuss with you in this topic .
Recover a Gmail account without the phone number
There are many ways through which you can restore your Gmail account without a phone number, and among these methods is the use of another reliable device, any other device, whether it is a phone or other, linked to your Google account, and you can also use recovery codes, which are codes that can be Generated by a Google account in order to use it to log into your account, you can also use the Authenticator application, and here is an explanation of each method in detail as follows:
Use another trusted device
One of the easiest ways to retrieve a Gmail account without the phone number is to use another device linked to the Google account, for example if you want to log in to the computer, and your phone is linked to the same Google account, you can use the phone to recover the password through the following steps:
- First, make sure that the other device is connected to the Internet, and logged in to the Google account that you want to restore.
- After that, log in to your Google account on the computer with the email and password.
- Now on your phone, you will be prompted to approve the new computer login process. Accept.
Also read: How to recover WhatsApp chats without using Google Drive
Use account recovery codes
Google provides you with a good way to verify two steps, which is through the use of recovery codes, or as they are known as Backup codes, and you can generate these codes through your account settings, and you should save these codes well in a safe place, whether by writing them or taking a screenshot of them So that you can access it in case you need to use it, here are the steps below:
- First, open any browser on your device, and enter the page myaccount On Google, of course you must log in by entering your account information.
- After that, choose the security section from the side menu and click on two-step verification, and from here you can activate this feature.
- You may be asked to enter your Google account password again in order to confirm your identity. Do so.
- Now you will have many options for two-step verification, such as using phone number or codes, choose generate codes.
- You will be presented with several icons which you should save well in any way so that you can easily restore them later.
You can use these codes to retrieve a Gmail account without the phone number by logging into your Google account in case you forgot the password, by typing an e-mail and then clicking on “Forgot your password” and click on “Another method” until it asks You are required to use recovery codes, and enter one of them. You can also use these codes to log in to a new device.
Log in with the Authenticator app
You can use the Authenticator application to log in to your Google account, and although this method has become relatively old, it is still very effective, and here are the steps below:
- First, download the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
- Now log in to your Google account on the computer by entering the email and password.
- You can also log in to any browser on your phone, taking into account the desktop version of the site, in the browser options.
- Now head over to Security, then 2-Step Verification and click on Setup in the section on the Authenticator app.
- On your phone, open the Authenticator app and choose to scan the QR code, and point at the computer or the other phone to scan the code.
- Now you will get a code which you can use to log into your Google account once.
Other ways to recover a Gmail account without the phone number
There are some other methods that Google provides for you to retrieve a Gmail account without the phone number. For example, you can enter some information such as the last password you remember using, or answer a security question such as “the name of your first teacher” or “where is my home located” and of course you must You set up and answer these questions first in your account before you can use them.