Preventing applications from running in the background is a good and very effective solution to many problems that you may encounter on the phone, such as poor performance and large battery consumption, as applications that run in the background may consume RAM or processor and thus notice very slow when doing anything on Your phone, as well as if there are different processes running in these applications, this may lead to a significant energy consumption, and for this we present to you in the following an explanation of how to prevent applications from running in the background completely.
Update the Android system on your phone
If the Android version on your phone is less than Android 9 (Pie), it is very important that you update it if possible, as Android 9 comes with many important features that help save energy by controlling applications that run in the background, for example the version comes 9 of the Android operating system with the Adaptive Battery feature, which uses machine learning to find out which applications you do not need, and thus it prevents applications from running in the background in order to improve energy consumption and speed up the phone.
Prevent apps from running in the background
You can search by yourself for applications running in the background and stop any application you do not want, as there are a lot of tools and applications that allow you to do so, but the best thing is that Android phones have a built-in tool to monitor applications that run in the background and stop them completely, and you can access To this tool through the Settings application on your phone, but you need to activate developer options first, and here are the steps below:
- On your Android phone, go to the Settings app, then choose About Phone, and then search for the version number.
- Click on this option several times in succession, until a message appears on the screen informing you that the developer mode has been activated.
- After that go back to the main menu of settings and scroll down and then click on developer options, or you can search for it in the top bar if you cannot access it.
- After entering developer options, search for “running services,” and click on it.
- Now you will find a list of services and applications that are running in the background, and find some details about them, such as how much RAM you consume.
- Do not stop any system application, as this may disable your phone, but stop the third-party applications that you have downloaded, which you do not need at this time.
You may be interested: 5 best battery saving and power saving apps for Android
Find out which apps are consuming battery
There is another way that allows you to know which applications are consuming the battery a lot on your phone and then prevent applications from running in the background through the battery settings available in many versions of Android, especially recent versions, and this feature allows you to know exactly which application consumes the battery And this time, you do not need to activate developer mode, but you can directly access it as follows:
- Enter the Settings app on your Android phone, and then scroll down until you find the “Battery” option and tap on it.
- From the options that appear in front of you, click on “Battery Usage”, and with that, you will get a list of the most battery-consuming applications on your phone.
- This list is very accurate, as the applications are displayed in the correct order, from highest energy consumption to lowest.
- Applications are also categorized into system applications or external applications, at the expense of your phone type.
Search this list for the most battery-consuming applications of the phone, so if you find an application that consumes more than 5%, it is important to stop this application if you do not need it, however do not stop any application of Google services as this may disable the phone.
Using battery monitoring apps
There are many applications that help you control battery consumption and save energy by preventing applications from running in the background, and one of the best of these applications is the very distinctive Greenify application, which is considered the best battery management application, as this application determines which applications consume the most battery and after That turns it off after a certain amount of time in order to save energy, which is a very powerful and efficient app that you can Download it for free From from Play Store.