The WhatsApp application is very popular despite its privacy policies, which made some people use the application Telegram As a safe and alternative option, but it is preferred by many because of the presence of most of their contacts on it, and sometimes some people create WhatsApp groups and add others to them without their consent, and you may have encountered this problem and wondered about the possibility of preventing them from that and fortunately WhatsApp enables you to do some simple steps To prevent others from adding you on WhatsApp groups.
Although WhatsApp groups have only 256 subscribers for each group, this small group is able to make your phone full of unnecessary notifications that cause a lot of boredom to users, and here’s how to prevent annoying people from adding you to WhatsApp groups.
How to stop adding to WhatsApp groups on your Android phone
- Launch the WhatsApp application on your phone and click on Settings by clicking on the menu icon.
- Click on the “Account” option, then select the “Privacy option” from the menu.
- Three options will appear. Either you choose Everyone, then anyone can add you even if you do not have their own phone number. Only he who owns your phone number, which is a matter of concern, or My Contacts. Only your contacts can add you who have their phone number and are registered with you, My Contacts Except. Your contacts will be able to add you in groups except for those you have put on the blacklist where WhatsApp provides you with the ability to add specific people that you do not want to add to you in their WhatsApp groups and when you choose this option, they will not be able to add you, but they are still able to send an invitation link to the group But then it just depends on your agreement
- Click on the Done button at the bottom of the screen to save your settings.
How to stop adding to WhatsApp groups on your iPhone
- When you launch the WhatsApp application, you can click on the Settings option.
- Click on Account Options, then choose Privacy.
- Three options will appear like the ones mentioned above, either you choose Everyone and then anyone can add you, or My Contacts, then only your contacts can add you, My Contacts Except and then your contacts will be able to add you in groups except for those you blacklisted.
- Choose what suits you and then click on the OK button at the bottom of the screen to have the application save the options you have set.
What happens when someone tries to add you to WhatsApp groups?
If you do not want to add you in WhatsApp groups without your permission, it is possible that your contacts are not the ones who add you, maybe another person will put your name in the list, but then you will see a pop-up message informing you that you cannot be added to the group, but it will need your approval if You want to add to that group or not.
However, they can still send invite links to join WhatsApp groups, but then it will be completely in your hands if you want to join or not, and at least you will be able to avoid unnecessary messages.
And then you will send an indirect message to those around you that you do not want in addition to WhatsApp groups in general.
Are all WhatsApp groups annoying?
It can be annoying to wake up every morning to unnecessary messages and the many notifications that appear in front of you suddenly, so it is important that you take steps that will help you get rid of all those annoying messages and tell those around you that you do not want to be added to any groups.
But there are WhatsApp groups that may be useful, such as those that tell you the weather, or that tell you about prayer times and remembrances, or those that provide information about currency rates in an updated way as well as groups that help you reach an ideal weight and maintain your health by providing nutritional advice or perhaps groups that provide Information about mobility and travel around the world.
So, you should make sure that you choose the groups that you participate with on WhatsApp and do not reject them in general. Share with us comments about your opinion of WhatsApp groups and whether they are useful or cause distress and seek to get rid of them.
Don’t miss it
How to send high quality pictures on WhatsApp