If you want to hide applications on your Android phone, you can do so easily either by using the feature to hide the built-in applications in your Android phone, whether it is Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, one plus and many other phone companies that adopt this feature as a basic built-in addition.
Or you can use external applications that hide applications and provide more security features that help to hide applications permanently and only you can access them, which is what you will find below.
How to hide apps on Android phones
You may also like: How to Hide Photos and Files on iPhone and iPad
Hide applications through the built-in feature in the phone
As we mentioned above, most phone companies include the feature of hiding applications, but each type of phone has a method that may differ from the other, and below we will mention how to use this feature in the most famous Android phones.
Hide apps in Samsung and LG
- On the main screen of the phone, press and hold on an empty place on the screen.
- A small menu will appear at the bottom, from which to choose the Home screen settings.
- You will be directed to another menu, at the bottom of which you will find “Hide apps”.
- After clicking on it, you will be directed to a list of applications, choose the ones you want.
- To find applications, type their name in the search field in the application list.
Hide apps in Xiaomi “MIUI interface”
- On your phone, go to “Settings”
- Choose from the list of applications “Apps”
- You will find a small menu from which to choose the app lock
- Log in by fingerprint or by typing your passcode and choose the applications you want to hide.
Hide apps in OnePlus
- Open the app drawer on the phone.
- Swipe left to right on the screen to open the Hidden Space feature
- Click on the + icon in the right corner
- Choose the apps you want to hide.
Hide apps by using third-party apps
It is one of the wonderful applications through which you can hide your important and private applications. It also contains the feature of cloning applications, allowing you to use more than one account on social networking sites from the same phone.
The application also works to hide pictures and files, and the application converts its shape in the interface of your phone into the shape of a calculator so that no one knows that you are using this application, and if someone enters it, he will see a normal calculator, but he will not be able to know the truth except by using your passcode And it is a free application.
- Download the app from here
- Open the application and choose what you want to hide from the applications
- Go to the settings to customize the application according to your desires
Nova Launcher Prime
The wonderful Android interface that comes with many features, including the feature of hiding applications. If the interface of your Android phone does not support hiding applications, you can install the Nova interface, which adds a wonderful shape to your phone that looks like a completely new one, in addition to a number of features such as setting swipe gestures for icons and folders The main screen, the ability to remove applications from the interface of the screen, and many more.
However, these features do not come for free, as they are available at a price of $4.99 and got a rating of 4.7 on the Play Store in addition to positive comments.
These were the best applications through which you can hide your applications, whether through the built-in feature in Android phones or using third-party applications that add more features to you, but dear reader, please take into account what you are hiding and do not use applications in what angers God Almighty.