The Netflix streaming platform is considered one of the largest available now, as its library contains thousands of shows for various categories in addition to the original shows.
To help subscribers sort through thousands of options, the platform uses recommendation algorithms to highlight shows and movies that match their viewing history.
But your preferences may be a little more specific than popular titles, sci-fi, horror, or award-winning shows.
Depending on what you’ve watched, Netflix’s recommendation algorithm may not filter which TV shows or movies are worth watching.
For this, Netflix Codes can help you filter the huge content on the platform to find more interesting recommendations.
Read also: Netflix launches e-commerce site Netflix.Shop
What are netflix codes and where to find them
The Netflix codes are based on the number system the service uses to categorize movies and shows by genre and subgenre.
There are some sites that categorize shows and movies with this system to help viewers find content by preference quickly and easily.
It is considered Location netflix-codes.com is one of the most famous sites that provide these codes arranged according to content categories.
The site offers about 20 categories such as cartoons, foreign films and classic films. These categories are further broken down into more specific subtypes.
Read also: Netflix may enter the gaming industry soon
Use icons to view shows
There are several ways you can find the TV shows or movies you want to watch directly on the platform without having to search manually.
The easiest way is through an extension in the Chrome browser, and to do this follow these steps:
- add add Better Browse for Netflix From the Chrome Web Store in the Google Chrome browser.
- After installing the extension, log in to the platform via a new tab.
- At the top of the Netflix home screen you see the option to Browse All.
- Tap it to search manually or scroll through the available subtypes.
You can also view the offers according to your desire in another way, namely:
- Visit netflix-codes.com via a computer or phone browser.
- Find the genre or subgenre you want to watch.
- Click on the code next to the type or subtype you want.
- If you’re using a device that includes the Netflix app, it should open the app and take you directly to the genre you’ve chosen.
- If you do not have the app installed, you are able to open the Netflix platform through a web browser and watch the selected movies and shows available.
Also Read: How to Control What Content Your Kids Watch on Netflix
You can also use Netflix codes manually to watch shows via a web browser. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit netflix-codes.com via a computer or mobile browser.
- Find the genre or subgenre you want to explore.
- In another browser tab, type: netflix.com/browse/genre/INSERTNUMBER
- Replace the INSERTNUMBER statement with the given type or subtype code.
- You will be taken to the platform on the web to see the addresses provided in this section.
- You can now either find out the name of the movie or TV show and return to the app via your device to watch it, or log in to watch it via the browser.
Read more: Why did Amazon pay $8.45 billion to acquire MGM Studio?