Google Virtual Assistant is one of the most useful tools that helps in performing a lot of tasks easily and quickly.
and represent call screen One of the most useful features found in the voice assistant. Which Automatic prompts and Google Assistant are used to ask unknown callers why they are calling.
You can get transcripts of the conversation in real time as well as choose from a few follow-up questions, This is in order to obtain more information from the caller before answering or ending the call.
Also Read: How to Block Calls of Unknown Callers on Android and iPhone
Devices that support call screen:
The call screen feature is available on a limited set of Android phones, including all Google Pixel phones.
Regardless of which phone supports the call screen feature, all audio transcripts are saved locally across the device rather than uploaded to the cloud.
Your phone also offers the option to automatically block spam numbers and robocalls after the call is rejected.
Read also: Solve the problem of not showing alerts on Android
How to use the feature before answering the call:
There is no option to turn the feature on or off, it is enabled by default and appears as a third option with reply and decline options. However you have the option to choose a male or female voice for the default Google Assistant when talking to unknown callers.
In order to use the feature, follow these steps:
- Open the phone app.
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Settings option.
- Tap on the Spam Numbers and Call screen option.
- On the next screen, tap on the Call screen option.
- After you’re done customizing, you can select one of the two voices to use for checking calls.
You can set various options for the call screen Such as knowing how the call screen works, tap to save audio, select various options for spam numbers, and block Fake numbers, first time callers and private numbers.
Also Read: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
The next time you receive a call, depending on the options you selected, you have the option to check the call.
To do this, follow these steps:
- When you receive a phone call, tap on the Call screen option.
- It shows you the Google Assistant text that reads in real time along with transcripts of the caller’s responses.
- Tap one of the options at the bottom of the screen to request more details.
- You can also choose the options that end the call.
And if the caller suddenly stops talking, the virtual assistant might ask you if you want to mark that phone number as a spam caller and block the number from calling you again.