While you can share the videos you watch in YouTube online platform easily. However, sometimes you may want to download a specific video to watch later offline in certain circumstances such as when you are traveling, you have no internet connection, or even when you are saving data.
Is downloading YouTube videos legal
According Terms of Service You may not download any content from YouTube unless you see a download link or any similar link displaying the content you watch on the Platform.
The official way to download content when you want to publish content again is to subscribe to a service YouTube Premium which costs $11.99 a month.
The service allows users to watch videos without ads. And if you are looking to watch offline, you can also download it to your phone.
To do that, just start watching the video and see below the video a download button. Later, you can access your downloaded videos in both the Library and Account tabs as well as the phone’s video library.
Read also: YouTube got notable changes in 2021
How to download videos on iPhone
If you violate the Terms of Service, Google may terminate your account. The company says: YouTube terminates your access to the service if you are determined to be in repeated violation of the Terms of Service.
And in case you don’t want to subscribe to YouTube Premium, there are still ways to download videos to your iPhone.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Download Documents by Readdle app via this Link And install it on your iPhone.
- Open the app and then tap on the compass icon at the bottom right of the home screen.
- A new tab opens in your browser.
- Copy the link of the YouTube video you want to download and paste it into the text box and then hit the Download button.
- The app decodes the video and generates a list of different formats and quality options to choose from.
- After selecting your option, click on the Download option.
- Tap on the Downloads section in the bottom navigation to view the downloaded videos within the app.
- To save the videos to your phone, go back to the main screen of the application and then open the Downloads folder.
- Find the video you want to save and then click on the three dots on it.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Share option, then select the option to save the video.
Read also: Tips from YouTube to increase the number of followers of your channel