Change the font in Windows 10: Windows 10 is the latest and best version of the most famous operating system in the world to date, and this version comes with a lot of very useful features for computer users, and Windows 10 contains many customization options that allow you to change the look and feel of your computer According to your desire, but the problem is that some important customization options are not available in Windows 10 by default, including changing the font type, where you must do some steps in order to change the font in Windows 10 while you can change the font size easily through the settings, and below we offer you a method Changing the font in Windows 10 in terms of type and size, detailed steps:
Change the font in Windows 10
In order to change the font in Windows 10, we will use the Windows Registry Editor tool, but in the beginning you must know the name of the font that you want to use on your computer, as well as this font must be installed on your computer and here are the steps below:
- Enter the settings in Windows 10 through the Start menu or by clicking on the Windows button and the letter I on the keyboard.
- After that, click on Personalization and choose Font from the side menu.
- Now it will show you all the fonts installed on your computer, save or write down the name of the font you want, for example we choose Arial font.
If you do not find the font you want installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it first through one of the sites that provide this. Here is an explanation of installing fonts on Windows 10.After downloading and installing the font, you can follow the following steps.
Related: How to Install Fonts on Windows 10
Change the font through the Registry Editor
After knowing the name of the font you want and making sure that it is installed on your computer, you can change it now through the Registry Editor, but first we need to take a backup copy in case errors occur, and you can do this by opening the Run tool (the Windows button and the letter R) and then typing the regedit command After opening the Registry Editor, choose File from the menu bar at the top, then click on Export and save the registry file on your computer, and now here are the steps for changing the font in Windows 10 as follows:
- Copy the following text and then paste it into Notepad on Windows:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
“Segoe UI (TrueType)” = “” “
“Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)” = “” “
“Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)” = “”
“Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)” = “” “
“Segoe UI Light (TrueType)” = “” “
“Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)” = “” “
“Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)” = “” “
“Segoe UI” = “Arial”
- As you can see in the last line of the text, we have chosen the Arial font, and you can replace it with the name of the font you want, and be sure to write the name exactly without any change.
- Now you will need to save this file to your computer, but when saving it write .reg at the end of the name so that it will be saved as Registry.
- After you finish saving the file, go to the save location and double-click on the file to open it and choose OK in the message that appears.
Finally, restart the computer and you will notice that the writing font has changed to the new font that you have chosen, and through these steps you can set any font you want as a main font in Windows or you can return to the default font by opening the .reg file again, and clicking on “ Yes, then “Ok,” so that the Windows font is set to the default font.
Read also: How to Change Fonts on iOS Explained
Change the font size in Windows 10
Through the previous steps, you can change the font in Windows 10 and you can also change the font size in Windows 10, but this time you can do that through the settings directly and easily, just go to the settings and then choose Ease of Access, and here you can change the text size from By scrolling the bar to the right or left, and when choosing the appropriate size, click on Apply and then wait a moment for the new size to be applied to Windows.