Changing the color of the Instagram conversation has become possible, as Facebook recently integrated Instagram messages with the Messenger application. Now you can message your friends on Facebook directly through the Instagram application, and it has also become possible to change the chat color and general appearance to very beautiful and attractive colors through several very simple steps But in the beginning, you need to update the application as it is only available in the latest version, and below we offer you an explanation of that in detail.
How to update Instagram app
First, in order to use this feature, you must update your Instagram application to the latest version, and upon entering the application, you will see a message telling you that the Instagram chat has been integrated with Messenger messages, and you can update the application as follows:
- First, log in to Play Store (or App StoreThen search for Instagram in the search bar.
- From the results that appear, click on the Instagram application and then click on Update.
- Wait for the application to be updated and click “Open” to enter the application.
How to update Instagram chat
The previous steps may differ slightly when updating Instagram on the iPhone, and after completing the update of the Instagram application, whether on your Android phone or iPhone, there are still a few simple steps to update the new correspondence, and here are the steps below:
- First, go to the Instagram app and then click on the profile icon from the bottom.
- After that, click on the three horizontal lines tab and choose Settings.
- From the options available to you, click on Update Messaging, and you will find the Update button, click on it.
Through these steps, you have finished updating the chat in Instagram, and in order to make sure of this, return to the home page in Instagram, and you will see the Messenger application icon instead of the regular Instagram DM icon.
Also read: How to send messages on Instagram using your computer and phone
How to change the color of an Instagram conversation
After finishing updating the Instagram application and updating the chat, you can now change the color of the Instagram conversation and change its general appearance, through a few simple steps as follows:
- First, go to the Instagram application, then click on the Messenger application icon in the upper-right corner of the application, in order to view all your conversations.
- After that, click on the conversation in which you want to change the color, and here it must be noted that the color is changed for each conversation separately.
- After selecting a conversation, click on the “i” icon from the upper right corner of the application to open the chat settings.
- From the options that appear, click on the “Theme” option, and here you will find different options, choose one of them.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Colors & Gradients section, and from this section you can choose the conversation color you want.
- The difference between changing the theme and changing the color, is that the former changes the background of the chat as well as the chat bubbles, while the color changes the chat bubbles only and the background remains the same.
- After choosing your favorite theme or color, it will now be applied to your conversation and it will appear among other participants as well, and they will be notified of that.
Also read: How to change Instagram bios into beautiful and distinctive fonts
As for the default appearance in Instagram, it comes with a gradient background for the chat bubbles. If you want to return to the classic gray background, choose the “Direct Classic” option from the Themes section.
To here, we have finished changing the color of the Instagram conversation after the new update, and the steps are very easy, so all you have to do is update the Instagram application first on your phone, and then update the chat through Instagram settings, and now you can change the color or values from During the conversation settings, the color or appearance of each conversation will be changed separately, and you can change the color for any number of conversations without a problem, through the same previous steps.