If you are looking for how to change or reset the Windows 10 password, below we will explain the matter with steps and images on Windows 10, but in most versions of Windows the steps are the same as in Windows 10, so you can use the same steps in Windows 8, 8.1 or 7.
If you use a pin code and are having difficulties logging in to Windows, you will find a solution to the problem of logging into Windows 10 with a PIN code.
If you are using Windows 10 at work “Business Domain” You can change the password by pressing alt + ctrl + delete simultaneously and select change a password.
First, change the Windows 10 password
You can change the Windows 10 password easily from your computer by following the following steps:
- Press the Windows button on the keyboard, and the start menu appears.
- Click on the Settings icon, as shown in the image below.
- Click on “accounts” and it contains Windows accounts, as well as family, sync, and email accounts.
- You will be directed to a menu containing many options such as “sync your settings” as well as information about the account currently used on Windows “your info” and the possibility of adding another account for Windows or another e-mail “Email & accounts” and Windows ‘sign in options’ entry options, which are what you will click on to change the Windows 10 password.
- You will be directed to another page that contains more customizable options for the security of your account on Windows, face print and fingerprint, which are not available on the computer, dynamic lock, as well as the lock screen and its image, and of course the password that you can change by pressing Change.
- In order to change the Windows 10 password, you must first insert your pin code.
- You will be directed to your Microsoft account and through it the current and new passwords are written and the new password is reconfirmed, then press next, and thus you will have finished changing the password for your account on Windows 10.
- If you do not notice the presence of a change password as in the image above, then you are using a Microsoft account to log in to Windows, which means that the Windows password is the same as the password for your Microsoft account, and therefore click on Changing Your Microsoft account password.
- You will be directed to your account page on the Microsoft website or log in directly to Microsoft account link from here And enter the email used to log in to the Microsoft account in addition to the current password.
- Then choose update your security info.
- Then click on password security
- Finally, write the current password, then type the new password and confirm it again, then click Save.
This was the first part in changing or resetting the Windows 10 password.
Second, reset Windows 10 password
If you have a Windows 10 account linked to your Microsoft account, you can easily reset the password by logging on to Microsoft account link from here Select Forgotten my current password.
Microsoft will send a secret code to your email that you previously entered when creating an account on Microsoft or your phone number that you previously entered as well, and after that you can log in and reset the password.
Enter a password that you can easily remember and write it on a piece of paper that you keep in a safe place, and do not photograph it or take a screen shot of it and press next.
Thus, you can easily change or reset the Windows 10 password in simple steps, but please follow it carefully and wait for your questions in the comments if you encounter any difficulties.