Microsoft began to merge Browser The web (Microsoft Edge) has Microsoft Edge in Windows 10, but the only problem is that since the company made it part of the Windows 10 operating system as it installs automatically when installing updates, you won’t find an option to uninstall it or revert to the old version.
Where the company confirmed that there is no way to cancel the latest version of the browser from Windows 10 computers, but nevertheless, since the browser is based on the open source (Chromium) browser, you can still uninstall it using Command Prompt.
How can you uninstall Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10?
First: How to uninstall Microsoft Edge browser in computer settings:
- Click on the “Start” icon at the bottom left of the screen, then click the gear icon to enter the “Settings” page on Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the (Applications) option on the screen that appears.
- Click on the option (Applications and Features) on the left side of the window that appears, then choose the (Microsoft Edge) browser.
- Click the (Uninstall) button. Optionally, you can select the option to clear your browsing data.
- Click (Uninstall) to confirm your choice.
Second: How to uninstall the browser using the command prompt:
If the option to uninstall Microsoft Edge browser is not available on the settings page, this means that the browser has been updated through Windows Update recently, so you will need to use (Command Prompt) to uninstall it through the following steps:
- In the search bar at the bottom left of the screen, type (Command Prompt) and press Enter and run it as an administrator in the window that appears.
- On the command prompt screen, type the following command to access the installation folder on your computer:
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
NoteIn Windows 10, there is an Installer folder inside another folder named after the version number of the browser currently installed on your computer, as a result, the name may change with the introduction of new updates.
Therefore, in the previous command we use the number 8 with a symbol
- To access the folder regardless of which version you have installed, however, once the browser reaches version 9x.x.xxx.x, you will need to update the command to 9 and the icon
setup --uninstall --force-uninstall --system-level
Type the following command to uninstall Microsoft Edge:
Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
After completing the previous steps, the Microsoft Edge browser will be uninstalled from the Windows 10 computer.