When you open the Start Menu in Windows 10, you will usually see a list of applications installed in your device arranged alphabetically, and although this method may be a convenient option to access the application you want, but you can also get a smaller and more elegant menu from By hiding the application menu on the left side of the screen.
Here’s how to hide the apps menu in the Windows 10 Start menu:
- Go to the Windows 10 PC Settings page.
- Click on the option (Personalization) Personalization.
- In the window that appears, click on the Start option on the left side of the screen.
- In the right part of the screen, Toggle the button next to Show App List In Start Menu option to off.
The next time you open (Start Menu), you will see a smaller list without the applications, but you can see the list of applications in it with the following steps:
- Click on the Windows logo on the main screen, then in the (Start menu) that appears to you, press the (All Apps) button in the sidebar.
- You will see (List of Applications) has expanded and the applications appeared in alphabetical order, but the list will remain neat and small.
- To return to the previous appearance at any time, press the (Pinned Tiles) button in the upper part of the (All Apps) button in (the Start menu).
- If you want to make the (Start Menu) smaller, you can quickly resize it by pressing one of the corners and then dragging it with the mouse to the size you want.
It is worth noting that Microsoft in the October 2020 update for Windows 10 – also known as version 20H2 – changed Visual design For the Start menu to become more streamlined, as Microsoft replaced the colored background boxes for icons in the app menu with partially transparent backgrounds, which helps to highlight the icons more. And you can also assign colors to highlight if you like.
This change basically simplifies the list a bit, and makes it easy to search for the application you use on a daily basis, although it is a simple change, but it definitely makes the list look less cluttered and more streamlined, so you want to know all the new features in Windows 10 update; You can find it in the article: “7 of the most important new features in the October 2020 update for Windows 10 ″.