It contains a new Google interface called (Google TVGoogle TV – It is the new interface for (Android TV) with devices Chromecast new Launched by Google this year – a home screen full of content recommendations based on your past viewing habits, as these recommendations can distract you if you want to follow specific content, requiring you to disable them to get a less crowded interface.
Here’s how to disable suggested recommendations on Google TV?
To disable recommendations in Google TV, you must activate Apps Only mode, which allows you to turn off most recommendations, but there are still two main points that you should pay attention to:
First: (App Mode only) removes your access to the Watchlist feature and Google Play Movie Library, however, you can still view this content from the Google TV app on the smartphone.
Secondly: The (Search) tab and the (Smart Google Assistant) Google Assistant function will be disabled.
If you agree with all of this, just follow these steps:
- Select your profile icon on the top left of the main screen, then select the Settings option from the popup menu that appears.
- Click on the option (Accounts & Sign In), then select your Google account, which is the same account connected to the main screen.
- Toggle the button next to the Apps Only Mode option to off.
- You will see a screen showing everything that will be disabled in (Application Mode only), press the option (Continue) Continue.
- From now on the recommendations will be stopped in the Google TV home screen and the screen will look like the following image:
Notice: The (Highlights) row at the top will still show you a few recommendations, but everything else will be removed, and remember that you cannot use the Google Smart Assistant in (Application Mode only) but this interface may still be your favorite if you want to stay The interface is simple and not cluttered. Now only your installed apps will appear on the main TV screen, and you should disable the mode if you like. Install any apps or games on Google TV.
It is worth noting that Google has changed the name of the (Google Play Movies & TV) application to become (Google TV), but this change will not happen immediately, and the application is a Google store for renting and buying movies and collecting content, and it can bring movies and programs from different services, such as: Netflix, Hulu, Disney, HBO Max, and more, putting everything in one place.
The name (Google TV) has become a bit confusing, as in addition to being the previously mentioned application, it is also the name of the new Google interface working with (Android TV) on the new Chromecast device called (Chromecast with Google TV).