There are many ways to customize your iPhone whether you want to make it more convenient for everyday use or just to better meet your needs.
The ability to hide your home screen is one such handy feature of OS version iOS 15.
You can rearrange app icons across the Home screen or set up widgets to make the Home screen more useful and attractive. So you can move entire pages to rearrange them, hide them or delete them completely.
Read also: iOS 15.. Create tab group in Safari
Hide whole page on iPhone
You can completely hide the page that contains a group of applications in the iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the home screen, tap and hold the icon or page background to enter vibrate mode.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, tap the Edit Home screen option.
- Tap Page Points at the bottom of the screen to enter Pages Edit mode.
- On the page edit screen select the page you want to hide By deselecting any screen you want to hide.
- After completion, click on Done at the top right of the screen.
You can also delete a home screen page to remove it permanently by pressing the (-) sign in the upper left corner of the page preview. When you do this, the apps that appear on this page are automatically stored in the app library.
Read also: Features in iOS 15 that help you increase productivity
Hide individual apps
You can organize your iPhone home screen by hiding the apps you don’t use often or moving your most used apps to the home screen. To do this, follow these steps:
- Long press on the app you want to hide to bring up the popup.
- The pop-up menu shows you a number of options depending on the features of the app.
- From there you get a choice Delete the app from the iPhone or remove it from the home screen.
- Select Delete option from the home screen.
Use folders to organize apps on iPhone
You can use the folders on your iPhone’s home screen to group similar apps together. Instead, it won’t completely hide apps, but rather consolidate them into a single folder.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Long press on an app on the Home screen.
- Move the app over one of the other apps you want to group it with.
- You see a gray icon containing the icons for the apps in the folder.
- Tap the icon to open the folder and access the apps in it.
- The folder is automatically assigned a name based on the apps you’ve placed in it.
In order to change the folder name, press and hold the folder and then Select the Rename option from the popup menu and type in the new name.
In order to remove an app from the folder, just open the folder, long press on the app until it vibrates, and move it outside the folder to another space on your iPhone’s home screen.
And if you remove all apps from the folder it hides the folder automatically. But if If you want to delete the folder, you can press and hold it and select the option to remove folder.
In order to find any applications that were in the folder, you can go to the application library on the iPhone.
Also Read: What is Focus Mode in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15?