If you are facing the problem of not updating Windows 10, that is, a sudden stop or crash while downloading its updates, then we have compiled a number of effective and simple solutions to solve the problem so that your operating system can install updates and the crash may be caused by some errors in Windows files, but It is not difficult at all.
Fix Windows 10 not updating problem
You can first try restarting your computer and try updating again, and in case things do not change, you can continue to see the rest of the solutions below.
Run the troubleshooter.
Perhaps one of the best features of Microsoft is its operating system troubleshooter, which searches for the cause of the Windows 10 not updating problem and tries to fix it.
- On the update page, choose troubleshoot from the list on the left.
- Choose additional troubleshoot
- From the list that will appear, select Windows Update
The troubleshooter is supposed to know the reason for the update failure, and with instructions you will be able to complete the update again, and if the solution does not work, look at the other solution below.
Run Windows in “safe mood”
The safe mode maintains the basic applications that are necessary to run Windows while not enabling any other additional applications, so the command can be exploited for the update, as there may be one of the files interfering with the system update, which causes the problem of not updating Windows 10, so through the safe mode, those files remain in a state of failure until the procedure Some operations on your operating system, such as performing an update.
You can find out How to run “Safe Mode” in Windows 10 from here .
A unique tool that enables you to solve problems in Windows 10, but it may not appear very well in Windows and you can use it.
- Restart your computer or laptop and press the F11 button as soon as you unlock the device.
- Choose from the troubleshoot menu.
- Next, choose Advance Options.
- Your device will restart, then choose the username.
- Write your own password and click continue
- Choose a restore point from the list and follow the instructions, but if you do not have restore points, you cannot use this method.
Download Windows update tool assistant
One of the features that Microsoft provides to Windows users is the Windows update tool assistant, which helps you to download updates smoothly and without any problems and benefit you in the event that you do not want to wait for an automatic update, or if you want to check for good updates.
Delete windows update file cache
The method may be a little complicated, but it is still one of the solutions to the problem of not updating Windows 10 and it is done through the first two steps of the command prompt by following the following steps:
- Press the Windows key to bring up the start menu.
- Type cmd.exe into the search field.
- Hold the Shift and Ctrl key before selecting the cmd.exe result until it opens command prompt.
- Accept the UAC prompt that Windows offers.
- Type the following commands and hit Enter after each line:
net stop wuauserv
cd% Windir% SoftwareDistribution
del / f / s / q Download
net start wuauserv
The second method is done on your own by following the following:
- Enter the folder C: Windows SoftwareDistribution
- Delete everything you find in front of you inside this folder and don’t worry, they are just temporary files that Windows creates to locate them and will create others with the update.
- Return again to open the command prompt as mentioned above and type the following:
“Net start wuauserv” and press Entre
Then click “net start bits” and press Entre
So you can solve the problem of Windows 10 not updating and complete downloading updates again, and we hope that these steps will help you to solve the problem permanently.