Apple has built an advanced fitness tracking system in its smart watches (Apple Watch) that is linked to the Watch and Health apps on the iPhone phone, as there are many features in the Apple smart watch to help you track your long-term health and achieve your personal fitness goals. Then the Apple Smart Watch can be likened to a personal trainer who can help you with exercise, monitor your health, and track your sleep to reach your goals.
Here are 4 features of the Apple smartwatch that help you improve your fitness:
1- Activity Tracking feature:
(Activity Tracking) feature Activity tracking It is the primary function of the Apple smart watch, which helps monitor your fitness, as it allows you to calculate steps using the best smart scales, and know all your daily movements in three rings that you can view, namely:
- The red ring: It tracks the active calories burned every day, giving you a general sense of just how much you are moving.
- Green ring: To track your daily exercise, which consists of whatever movement you take during the day, and the goals you want to achieve, such as: Walk for 30 minutes a day.
- The blue ring: Reminds you to do gentle movement at regular intervals, especially if you sit a lot, as the watch reminds you to stand up a little and move, and once you do that, the watch will stop reminding you again for the next hour.
2- Track your workouts feature:
The (Workout) application, built into the Apple Watch, tracks specific exercise sessions for a variety of sports, such as: running, walking, swimming, and hiking, recording real-time statistics for time, distance traveled, speed, and heart rate.
To start tracking a specific exercise, follow these steps:
- Press the Digital Crown button on the side of the Apple Watch, then launch the (Workout) app.
- Tap on the type of exercise you want to use.
- Tap on the More icon – the three dots to the right of the exercise type – to set a goal based on calories, distance or time.
- Click on the “Start” option.
To monitor your progress during a workout, raise your wrist to see real-time tracked stats on the Apple smartwatch, and swipe up or rotate the Digital Crown to view specific statistics.
Sometimes, the app runs the exercise automatically, when the Apple smart watch senses the start of the exercise, you may receive an alert asking if you want to start tracking, and you can then choose the type of exercise and start a session, and if you forget to stop tracking when the exercise ends, the watch will discover it. And it pauses automatically.
3- Heart rate tracking feature:
The Apple Smart Watch measures your heart rate through a sensor on the back of the watch, where you can run the Heart Rate application to track your heart rate upon request, in addition to that, the Apple smart watch also measures your average heart rate while at rest and walking throughout the day.
4- Breathing tracking feature:
The (Breathe) application in the Apple smart watch encourages you to take some deep breaths several times a day in order to relax, by running the application and following the instructions that appear for you to take a series of deep breaths, such as: slow inhalation or holding your breath for a few seconds for several times.