The use of QR codes as a means of accessing online menus has spread, especially after the spread of the Corona virus, to reduce physical contact points.
Instead of typing the URL, all you have to do is point the smartphone camera at the QR code to read it.
And the QR code provides a link to all kinds of information and actions. Including web pages, wireless network access, and more.
Generating a QR code is very straightforward and easy, and it can be done on your phone or via a web browser on your computer.
Also Read: How to Read QR Code Using Android Phone Camera
Create QR Code with Google Chrome
Google Chrome browser includes a built-in feature that allows you to generate QR codes for different websites. However, you may need to enable the QR code generation feature in Google Chrome. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome browser and then type: chrome://flags in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- In the search box, type: QR Code.
- In the first search result that appears, toggle the option to Activate.
- Restart the browser again.
- Go to the respective website.
- Click the camera icon in the top right, next to the address bar.
- It shows you a popup containing a QR code with a link to the site at the bottom.
- Click on the Download option to save the code to your system for later use.
Read also: 4 ways China uses to track the spread of the Corona virus
Create QR Code with Google Chrome For Android users
- Open the Google Chrome app and then go to the website you want to create a QR code for.
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, click on the Share option.
- Select the QR code option in the popup
- Tap on Download option to save the QR code in your phone.
Create QR Code with Google Chrome For iPhone users
- Open the Google Chrome app on your iPhone or iPad and then go to the website you want to create a QR code for.
- Click on the share icon in the top right, next to the address bar.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Create QR Code option.
- Tap Share option, then choose how you want to share the QR code.
- You can also select the option to save the image to save the QR code for later use.
Also Read: How to Share Wifi Password via QR Code in Android?
Create and customize a QR code
There are many QR code generators that you can choose from and the most popular one is the QR Code Generator website.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to a website QR Code Generator using any browser.
- Enter the URL of the website for which you want to generate a QR code.
- Alternatively, you can enter text, upload a file, or Select a frame, change the shape and color, or add a logo to customize the icon.
- When you’re done, tap on the Download option to save the QR code you’ve created.
Read also: How to create an official QR code for your Facebook Messenger account