Many smartphone users are looking for ways to restore the Messenger account these days. Since its appearance in 2011, the Messenger program has become indispensable for everyone, they use it in video calls, work chats and friends. In this article, we learn how to restore the messenger account in case of forgetting the password easily.
Ways to recover the Messenger account in the event of forgetting the password?
Messenger was made by the company that designed the Facebook program, in fact, you do not need to have a Facebook account in order to have an account on Messenger, but because the two accounts are linked to each other for most users, so one of the most famous ways to recover the Messenger account is to reset the password on Facebook, using Next steps:
- Go to your personal Facebook page.
- At the top right of the screen you will find Settings.
- From within Settings, choose Security Settings.
- Inside it you will find the password and next to it the word change click on it.
- Enter the password you want, and then you will be asked to enter the old password.
- Since you don’t remember the old word, you won’t enter it but instead click forget password.
- Request a password reset using your mobile number or email.
- You will find a message that arrived on the phone or email to you with a link to click on, and then you will enter the new password and it will be for both Messenger and Facebook.
See also: How to log out of Messenger on Android
How to recover your account on Messenger without a Facebook account?
If it is possible to restore the Messenger account from Facebook, it is not always necessary to resort to Facebook for this, but there is a way to restore the Messenger account directly, through these steps:
- Open Messenger.
- The login page will appear, and select Forgot your password.
- Enter the email with which the messenger account is registered or the phone number.
- You will receive a message, click on the link that you will receive.
- A page will appear where you enter your new password twice with a verification code and then agree.
- Now you can log in with your new password.
Please note that if you previously deleted the Messenger account, it can be restored within thirty days only, after which the account is permanently deleted without referring to you.
See also: How to delete messenger messages all at once
How can the Messenger account be protected from hacking?
Before looking for ways to restore the Messenger account, it is necessary to know how to protect the account from hacking by intruders and thus maintain the confidentiality of your data and messages that may contain important information that threatens your privacy, and these are the most important measures to be followed to maintain the security of the Messenger account:
- Remove friends you don’t know and whose accounts don’t have clear identities.
- Remove mysterious messages and block the owners.
- Messenger has an important feature, which is the notification feature when logging in from anywhere, activate it.
- If you receive a notification that you are logged in from a place from which you did not enter, change your password immediately.
- Choose a strong password that contains at least one capital letter, a small letter, a symbol, and numbers.
- Use the conversation encryption option so that no one can spy on your conversations.
- Report any suspicious messages or content that appears to be fraudulent.
- Activate the option to lock the Messenger application with a password, in order to maintain your confidentiality in case the phone is lost or used by someone else.
The ways to restore the Messenger account are easy and simple, which we learned in detail in this article, so do not forget to follow the security rules to keep your account above all else.
See also: How to activate Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger